What’s a Raspberry Pi?
The Raspberry Pi is a credit-card sized computer that plugs into your TV and a keyboard. It’s a capable little PC which can be used for many of the things that your desktop PC does, like spreadsheets, word-processing and games. It also plays high-definition video.
I truly believe that this is the beginning of a trend that will lead to future and more aesthetic designs for the PC. Who would’ve thought that we could actually make a computer that small. With this innovation, computer companies are to to re-examine and restructure their designs based on what Raspberry Pi has boldly done. The images below will give you a graphic idea of this innovation.
- 700MHz Broadcom BCM2835 media processor featuring an ARM11 (ARM1176JZF-S) core, Broadcom GPU core, DSP core and support for Package-on-Package (PoP) RAM
- 128MiB (Model A) or 256MiB of SDRAM (Model B), stacked on top of the CPU as a PoP device
- OpenGL ES 2.0
- 1080p30 H.264 high-profile decode
- Composite and HDMI video output
- One USB 2.0 port provided by the BCM2835
- SD/MMC/SDIO memory card slot
- General-purpose I/O (About 16 3v3) and various other interfaces, brought out to 1.27mm pin-strip
- Optional integrated 2-port USB hub and 10/100 Ethernet controller (Model B)
- Open software (Iceweasel, KOffice, Python)
- Capability to support various expansion boards
This is a revolutionary design that’s bound to change the computer world. What are your thoughts? Please give us your comments !