The possibility of controlling or monitoring everything in your home remotely. Is that something you really want, need or should have? Need answers? Then read on about this new kickstart and product that can change the landscape of your daily life.
SmartThings came up with an ingenious idea to connect everything in your home to the internet. By doing this you’ll be able to monitor, control, automate, and have fun with them from anywhere in the world that you can gain access to the World Wide Web.
“Many of the existing things you own can be made smarter using SmartThings Kits. At launch, the following core devices will be available:
Many of the existing things you own can be made smarter using SmartThings Kits. At launch, the following core devices will be available:
- Power Outlet – anything that can be plugged in, can be turned on and off
- Open/Shut Sensor – know if doors, windows or cabinets are open or closed
- Motion Sensor – detect movement within a room
- Presence Sensor – know when people and pets come and go
SmartThings are designed to be compatible with many of the existing standards for home automation, smart energy and more. There are literally hundreds of existing sensors and devices you can use. And with your support, many more of these devices will be certified for use and made available in the SmartThings Store.
- Door Locks
- Temperature and Humidity Sensors
- In-Wall Switches and Dimmers
- Smoke and CO Alarms
- Moisture and Flood Sensors
- Vibration and Pressure Sensors
- And much more”
What I really like is the fact that they created a mobile application “SmartAPP” for your smartphones. With this app you’ll be to control everything on the go!
Just a few things you’ll be able to do with SmartApp:
- Get notified immediately if your pet runs out of your yard without you with the “Oh No, My Pet Is Loose!” SmartApp.
- Get an early warning or directly contact a plumber when there is a leak somewhere (bathroom, basement), before damage gets out of hand with the “It’s Leaking!” SmartApp.
- Monitor drawers and cabinets that contain precious or dangerous items with the “My Stuff is Secure” SmartApp.
- Brighten, dim, or flicker the lights when you get another fan or follower on social networks with the “Buzz Barometer” SmartApp.
I believe we’ll be hearing a lot from this kickstart. The future is NOW!
TO FIND OUT MORE go to the following website and watch the video: click on SmartThings.
Gerard M.B. Pean